Skyforce Employment Opportunities | 2021-22
The Skyforce is seeking passionate, motivated, team players to join their staff for the upcoming basketball season. Staff members are expected to work Skyforce home games at the Sanford Pentagon during the season, which runs from late October-March. All positions are paid positions and students are eligible to receive school credit.
The Skyforce internship program offers students the opportunity for hands-on experience inside the day-to-day operations of the organization’s front office. The Skyforce organization is dedicated to giving top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities and career advancement opportunities. Details about how to apply and the application can be found below.
• Ball Crew
Ball crew members assist both home and visiting coaching staff with various gameday tasks including rebounding during warm-ups/shoot around, managing benches during game, sweeping floor and cleaning locker room post-game.
• Video Board
Run digital systems in production room to ensure high quality entertainment and sponsorship fulfillment. These individuals will communicate with Game Ops director to ensure script is being followed and graphics/videos are being played at the correct time.
• Social Media
This is a detail-oriented individual that is familiar with a variety of social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok). Social media coordinator is responsible for posting in-game updates as well as fan engagement and BTS content. They will work directly with full-time social media coordinator to brainstorm new ideas increase awareness and engagement.
• Stats Crew
Position includes opportunity to shadow and learn how to use the NGSS Genius Stats System as well as gain experience in a number stats-related roles. Position may also involve arena setup, preparation of the stats system prior to games and tear down of the system post-game.
• Game Operations/Entertainment
Out-going individuals looking to get involved BTS with a sports organization. They will assist in gamed setup and teardown, execute all in-game promotions and giveaway as well as be an ambassador for the organization as they interact with fans at games and events.
Responsible for attending Skyforce games/events to capture photos and video footage to be used for marketing materials and social media. Edit video footage as necessary to create clips for social media and in-game use. Must provide own equipment/software.
Control music during game play and timeouts. Must be familiar with music system (training available) or be able to provide their own system and have the confidence to help control the atmosphere within the arena.
• Broadcast Team/Camera Operator
Responsible for pre-game setup of cameras, headsets and cables for the broadcast, along with assisting in any audio testing and setup required for on-air talent at the scorer’s table. Position may also have the opportunity to serve as a camera operator during the broadcast.
• Candidates must be able to attend Skyforce home games.
• The ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required.
• Candidates must be innovative, proven self-starters, independent, energetic, and organized while possessing excellent interpersonal skills.
• Candidates must exhibit professional appearance and behavior at all times.
• Per NBA policy, all employees must have received the COVID-19 Vaccine unless they qualify for a religious or medical exemption.
• Complete application. Application must be filled out completely, including references, in order to be considered for a position.
• Send completed application to email@example.com or drop off copy at the Skyforce office (located at 2131 S. Minnesota Ave.).
• All applications must be received by Wednesday, October 6, 2021
For more information, please contact Kylie Morris at (605) 332-0605