1. After appearing in 32 games (eight starts) for the Phoenix Suns and competing in the NBA Slam Dunk contest during the 2016-17 season, Jones Jr. appeared in six more contests this season before being waived by the Suns on December 9.
2. Jones Jr. wasn’t on the open market for long, as the Miami HEAT swooped in and signed him to a two-way contract on December 31, 2017. He went on to make 14 appearances for the HEAT this season (eight starts) while averaging 3.7 points and 2.4 rebounds per game.
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) January 10, 2018
3. Prior to signing with the HEAT and joining the Sioux Falls Skyforce, Jones Jr. had appeared in 16 games (11 starts) while on assignment with the Northern Arizona Suns. He averaged 15.4 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.8 assists while shooting just 59.3 percent from the foul line and 31.7 percent from long distance.
4. While on transfer with the Skyforce, Jones Jr. saw a significant bump in production, averaging 19.9 points, 7.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.7 blocks and 1.4 steals per game. He shot a career-best 76.0 percent from the free throw line and 35.6 percent from beyond the arc.
5. Jones Jr. tallied 30-or-more points on three different occasions while donning a Skyforce uniform, including a career-high 33 points in a win over the Salt Lake City Stars on March 12, 2018. He also scored an NBA season-high 10 points in just 11.5 minutes off the bench in a Miami HEAT win over the Atlanta Hawks on April 4, 2018.